BOURBON’s governance is structured around 2 main governance bodies, the Supervisory Board and the Management Board:
The Supervisory Board oversees the proper functioning of the company and has supervisory powers. Composed of 10 members to date, it reflects a complementarity of experiences and cultures as well as a great expertise of the Oil & Gas and maritime industry:
- Mr. Jean Peyrelevade, former Chairman of several major French financial institutions (including Suez, UAP, Crédit Lyonnais),
- Mr. Olivier Dubois, Director and Deputy Managing Director of SPIE until 2002, a member of Technip’s Executive Committee in 2002, he was Group Finance & Control Managing Director until 2008, then CFO of several companies, including CMA CGM before joining Elior Group in 2013 as CFO and member of the group’s executive committee until 2018,
- Crédit Mutuel Equity, whose permanent representative is Mrs. Christine Dubus, Executive Director of Crédit Mutuel Equity, Managing Director of CIC Conseil. A chartered accountant and auditor, Mrs. Christine Dubus was previously a partner at Mazars for more than 20 years and responsible for the development of activities with medium-sized companies (ETIs),
- Mr. Laurent Treca, former head of strategy and development at BNP, then BNP Paribas; he was since 2003 Chairman of Arval,
- Mr. Carsten Plougmann Andersen, former Vice-President of Maersk group and Maersk Supply Service CEO from 2004 to 2015,
- Mr. Jean Cahuzac, CEO and Executive director of Subsea 7 from 2008 until December 2019, with 41 years of experience in the industry (Schlumberger, Transocean),
- Mr. Yves-Louis Darricarrere, a member of Total's Executive Committee from 2003 to 2015, first as President of Gas and Power, then President of Exploration and Production, then President of both combined. He joined Lazard Bank in 2015 as Senior Advisor,
- Mrs. Florence Weingarten, Group Chief counsel of Transdev, a subsidiary of Caisse des dépôts since 2015, previously in charge of antitrust and regulatory at GDF Suez (now Engie),
- ICIL Maritim (Global) Pte. Limited represented by Liang Wang,
- Guowei Wang.
Formed in 2021, the Management Board is in charge of the strategic and operational management of the group, under the supervision of the Supervisory Board.
It is composed of:
- Gaël Bodénès, President of the Management Board and Group Chief Executive Officer
- Cyril Mathonnat, Group Chief Financial Officer
The Supervisory Board is supported by three Committees : the Audit Committee, the Strategy Committee and the Compliance Committee.
Their role is advisory and preparatory to certain deliberations of the Council. They shall issue proposals, recommendations and opinions in their respective fields of competence.
The Audit Committee is composed of the following members of the Supervisory Board :
- Mr. Olivier Dubois, as Chairman of the Audit Committee,
- Mr Jean Peyrelevade, as a member of the Audit Committee,
- Crédit Mutuel Equity, as a member of the Audit Committee, represented by Mrs Christine Dubus.
The Strategy Committee is composed of the following members of the Supervisory Board :
- Mr Yves Louis Darricarrere, as Chairman of the Strategy Committee,
- Mr. Jean Cahuzac, as a member of the Strategy Committee,
- Crédit Mutuel Equity, as a member of the Strategy Committee, represented by Mrs Christine Dubus.
- Mr. Carsten Plougmann Andersen, as member of the Strategy Committee.
The Ethics and Compliance Committee is composed of the following members of the Supervisory Board :
- Mr Jean Cahuzac, as Chairman of the Compliance Committee,
- Mr Olivier Dubois, as a member of the Compliance Committee
- Mrs Florence Weingarten, as a member of the Compliance Committee
The Remuneration Committee is composed of the following members of the Supervisory Board :
- Mr Jean Peyrelevade, as chairman of the Remuneration Committee,
- Mr Yves Louis Darricarrere, as member of the Remuneration Committee,
- Mr. Laurent Treca, as member of the Remuneration Committee.
Formerly majority owned by JACCAR Holdings, the assets of BOURBON Corporation were sold to Société Phocéenne de Participation (SPP*) on January 10, 2020, following the judgment ruled by the Marseille Commercial Court on December 23, 2019.
* Company owned by BNP Paribas, Caisse Régionale de Crédit Agricole Mutuel Alpes Provence, Caisse Régionale de Crédit Agricole Mutuel de Paris et d'Ile de France, Crédit Mutuel Equity SCR (formerly known as CM-CIC Investissement SCR), Crédit Lyonnais, Natixis and Société Générale. These institutions are members of the "Enlarged Working Group", a group of BOURBON's creditors representing 75% of the financial debt and including in particular ICBC Leasing.