Since 1976, Les Abeilles has been protecting 3,120 km of French coastline with 5 assistance, salvage and pollution remediation tugs and 2 support vessels.
For nearly 40 years, our tugs have been providing coastal protection and carrying out missions to:
- prevent wreckages
- aid and salvage ships in distress
- fight against oil pollution
Over 850 successful interventions in by our crews.
Strategically positioned, our tugboats perform two types of assistance missions:
- preventive interventions: emergency towing of a disabled vessel threatening the coast. These represent the majority of our interventions. Specifically, if it is a matter of preventing an everyday "incident" (breakdown) from turning into a major "accident."
- corrective interventions: assistance following an accident: wrecks, fires on board, collisions, waterways, etc.
Crews available 24/7
Relying on the expertise of over 100 employees, Les Abeilles has performed:
- over 430 assistance and salvage operations
- over 460 vessel escorts
- over 720 stand-by near vessels in distress
Operational in 40 minutes, our vessels can be pre-positioned at sea in the event of adverse weather conditions.
Our crews have mastered all the assistance techniques and are constantly:
- in contact with rescue stations
- ready to intervene in support of the local crews at the incident scene
- trained in coordinating exceptional operations
We work with a range of partners (Government, local authorities, shipowners, etc.) and if necessary a crisis unit can be mobilized.
Specialized response teams depending on the type of operation
We coordinate all the resources and rescue responders to ensure the best results. Our crews consist of:
- salvage and assistance professionals: salvage masters, officers salvage, salvage engineers, etc.
- marine architects: specialists in analyzing vessels in trouble
We can also call upon additional resources:
- floating cranes
- lightering vessels
- underwater welders
In terms of interventions, time is precious, so our crews have the legal and administrative skills necessary to guarantee immediate assistance.
The Les Abeilles tugs and offshore support vessels coordinate all necessary operations for an effective fight against pollution:
- installing booms
- spreading dispersants
- pumping fuel remaining in tanks
- evacuation of fuel to a recovery center
- cleaning up of water using a skimmer and treatment using settling tanks
- removal of hazardous materials on board and which may be in danger of being spilled into the sea